We're Hiring... Apply Today!
Detention Deputies: 40 hours/week Starting $28.11 per hour ($58,468 annually) + FULL BENEFITS. These are full-time positions with rotating schedules including days, nights, and weekends. Accepting Entry Level and Lateral Applicants. Good Character and clean background are required.
Deputy Testing Requirements: All deputy applicants must pass a physical readiness test, basic skills written test, polygraph, medical physical, vision, and hearing tests. Experience is preferred but not required. Out-of-State applicants should plan on a 2-3 day scheduled visit for testing and interviews. See our Detention Deputy pages for more information.
Compensation includes Full Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Persi Retirement System
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Sick Time Accrual
- Employee Assistance Program
- Air St. Luke's Family Membership
- Pre-Tax Cafeteria Plans
- Deputy Laterals DOE
- Deputy Shift Differentials and Specialty Pay
Applicants should possess superior communication skills, unimpeachable integrity, and a strong commitment to public service and the community that we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates will be required to successfully complete a written application, oral board interviews, a background investigation, and a polygraph.
Deputy Candidates will also be required to successfully complete physical fitness testing, a written basic skills test, medical, vision, and hearing testing.
Control Applicants are also required to pass computer skills, polygraph, hearing, and vision testing.
Out-of-State applicants should plan on a 2-3 day scheduled visit for testing and interviews.
How to Apply
- Under Application Documents below, open our fillable PDF Application for Employment. Read the instructions provided.
- Save the Application onto your desktop computer. (You may also handprint.)
- Answer all the questions and input your personal information.
- When you have all the information complete, you will need to print the Application.
- There are three handwritten signatures required. One of the three signatures needs to be notarized. Notarization is required to accept your application and is available at most banks and credit unions or at our office.
- Attach copies of the required personal identification documents listed in the application.
- Mail or deliver your application packet to BCSO Attention Holly Carter 1650 Aviation Dr., Hailey, Idaho 83333.
- If you have any questions while you are completing the application contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (208)788-5536.