We're Hiring... Apply Today!
Patrol and Detention Deputies: 40 hours/week Starting $28.11 per hour ($58,468 annually) + FULL BENEFITS. This is a Full-time position with a rotating schedule including days, nights, and weekends. Accepting Entry Level and Lateral Applicants. Good Character and clean background are required.
Deputy Testing Requirements: All deputy applicants must pass a physical readiness test, basic skills written test, polygraph, medical physical, vision, and hearing tests. Experience is preferred but not required. Out-of-State applicants should plan on a 2-3 day scheduled visit for testing and interviews. See our Patrol Deputy and Detention Deputy pages for more information.
Control Operator: 40 hours/week; Starting $20.01 per hr ($41,620 annually) + FULL BENEFITS. The rotating schedule includes days, nights, and weekends. This is a full-time non-certified position operating the security systems inside the Control Booth of the Detention Center. Duties include officer and inmate safety, and facility security. Control Operators are responsible for operating the Detention Center's electronic security system using a control console allowing movement in and around the facility, monitoring all Detention Center radio traffic, and making appropriate radio transmissions. Applicants must be detail-oriented with a strong ability to multi-task and have excellent communication skills.
Control Operator Testing Requirements: Applicants must pass Computer Skill Test (Minimum Typing 20 WPM), polygraph, vision, and hearing testing. Good Character and clean background are required. See our Control Operator page for more information.
Compensation includes Full Benefits:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Prescription Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Persi Retirement System
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Vacation and Sick Time Accrual
- Employee Assistance Program
- Air St. Luke's Family Membership
- Pre-Tax Cafeteria Plans
- Deputy Laterals DOE
- Deputy Shift Differentials and Specialty Pay
Applicants should possess superior communication skills, unimpeachable integrity, and a strong commitment to public service and the community that we serve.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
All candidates will be required to successfully complete a written application, oral board interviews, a background investigation, and a polygraph.
Deputy Candidates will also be required to successfully complete physical fitness testing, a written basic skills test, medical, vision, and hearing testing.
Control Applicants are also required to pass computer skills, polygraph, hearing, and vision testing.
Out-of-State applicants should plan on a 2-3 day scheduled visit for testing and interviews.
How to Apply
- Under Application Documents below, open our fillable PDF Application for Employment. Read the instructions provided.
- Save the Application onto your desktop computer. (You may also handprint.)
- Answer all the questions and input your personal information.
- When you have all the information complete, you will need to print the Application.
- There are three handwritten signatures required. One of the three signatures needs to be notarized. Notarization is required to accept your application and is available at most banks and credit unions or at our office.
- Attach copies of the required personal identification documents listed in the application.
- Mail or deliver your application packet to BCSO Attention Holly Carter 1650 Aviation Dr., Hailey, Idaho 83333.
- If you have any questions while you are completing the application contact firstname.lastname@example.org or (208)788-5536.