- Court issued writs
- Court summons and complaints
- Small claims
In addition, the Civil Department collects delinquent personal property taxes, processes levies on real and personal property, and conducts court ordered sheriff’s sales. Civil process service is performed in strict compliance with Idaho Code to ensure the accuracy of service, record keeping and returns to the court.
The following information is provided to better inform the public of our policies and procedures and should not be considered legal advice. Please be aware that the Civil Office does not give legal advice; only an attorney is allowed to give legal advice. If you need help with a legal situation, please contact an attorney.
Letter of Instruction
A signed Letter of Instruction directing the Sheriff to serve process or perform an enforcement action is required with all legal documents. Specific addresses of the person or business to be served are required to effect service. The letter must be signed by the attorney of record or the pro se plaintiff.
Legal Guidance & Forms
- Idaho Supreme Court Self Help Center - This website provides tools and information for people who want to represent themselves in court, or who are unable to afford an attorney and would otherwise be unable to get their day in court.
- Self Help Forms - Idaho Legal Aid Website
- Landlord Tenant Guidelines - English
- Landlord Tenant Guidelines - Spanish